Friday, October 12, 2012

Sisters

I love being able to spend time with my sisters! Kea was the first friend I ever had, and then two more followed once Shayna and Paula were born. All four of us are so different, it is pretty remarkable that we all survived each other! Kea is the typical oldest child, very orderly, organized, responsible, and bossy. We all love to hate her because she set the bar pretty high for the rest of us. We also all secretly appreciate her because she pushes us to never settle for less and helps us work harder to get what we want out of life. Me, I'm perfect. Moving on to Shayna. She is the one who comes with the most surprises! She is a tiny little person who packs a powerful punch when it comes to working hard, proving herself, and being a mom. (Shayna is the modern day Mary Poppins with her own kids) Then there's Paula who is the girl who has two faces. What I mean is, in one instance she is this goofy kid with an amazing sense of humor and a talent for quoting movie lines. Then in the next, she is studying hard in school, working hard at her job, and figuring out life one day at a time. She goes from a goofy kid into an adult in the blink of an eye.

The one thing that drove Kea crazy is the same thing that I appreciated the most. (again, surprising we survived each other) Whenever we would get together, our maturity levels would drop. Kea would often times find it annoying, but we would find it entertaining! Although I must admit, when she gets around Kenna, Mari, Brason, and Austin she tends to find the joy in being silly and I daresay "immature."

We all got together for dinner and dancing on the Wii at Papa and Nana's house. At first, no one was really jumping up to play other than Kenna and Mari. But, cute little girls with big blue eyes and hearts of gold and sweet little voices are VERY persuasive. By the end of the night, we were ALL dancing! Those little girls even got Papa up and dancing! It was so much to dance and be goofy with my sisters, although Paula wasn't there! I couldn't remember a time I had laughed that hard. Actually, yes I could!

The day before, Shayna and I met up with Paula. We all rode together and it was like we were back in high school. We played our music too loud, sang way off key, made up stupid dances and hand gestures, and laughed so hard I cried!! We started talking about song lyrics and poor Shayna is ALWAYS the brunt end of those jokes. She is notoriously infamous for getting lyrics wrong. Sometimes I have to admit, she does come up with some pretty good stuff! For example, in the hit song by ABBA "Mama Mia" the words go:

Mama Mia... here I go again...
My My... How can I resist ya

Well Shayna sings them like this:

Mama Mia... here I go again,,,
My My... Honkin' at your sista

(I am laughing while typing)

Shayna is the best!! And she is a very good sport to our teasing!!

One of the best moments during that outing came when Paula decided we should all get together and take a picture. With Paula in the driver's seat, I in the front seat, and Shayna in the back, we all jammed our heads together to get close enough for a picture. Paula was the one holding the camera (which was actually her iPhone) and I noticed on the screen that there was ALL of Paula's face and two little slivers for Shayan and I's face. I grabbed her hand to help her "center" the photo so the rest of us could be in the picture too!! Typical Paula I guess!

As you can see though, we did eventually get a picture that is worth saving and sharing! I LOVE my sisters!! I wish I got to see them more and I wish that I had the courage and the words to say to express to them how much I love them. I don't do "mushy" very well, but I do hope they know it anyways!


No comments:

Post a Comment