Thursday, September 5, 2013

A Long Time Coming

I can't believe how long it has been since I have last written on my blog. I am starting to notice a trend in my life. I decide to take on new challenges head on. Aaaaaand then after about a month I slowly start to fizzle out and pretty soon, I am right back to being my same old self stuck in my same monotonous patterns. A lot has changed since my last blog. The last time I wrote, I was a mother of one little boy who I thought kept me as busy as I could possibly be. Now I have TWO little boys and I never imagined one person could be so busy!!! Don't get the wrong idea. This isn't some feminist movement of complaining about how I do everything and my husband does nothing. In fact, I am the luckiest girl EVER!! My husband is so good to me! He cooks, he cleans, he changes diapers, and he isn't afraid of taking both kids so I can have a little "ME" time. (Although I think I am limited to a 20 minute radius of the house in case I am needed at home) My boys are the greatest things to have ever happen to me. I love being a mom although there are some days I beg for an early retirement.

I would have to say that the best part about being a mom is being able to see life in an entirely different way. There are things  I have learned from being a mother that I never would have learned otherwise. I have been able to understand a little bit more about mortality as I watch new life come into the world and watch them learn and grow. I have grown a better understanding of my relationship with my Heavenly Father as I now understand a little bit more about the relationship between a parent and a child. I have also learned other things such as: book shelves are the ladder equivalnce to a two year old, an unattended box of cereal MUST be dumped onto the kitchen floor, although liquid soap is a great cleaning tool it can still make a mess if the entire bottle is used all at once, car seat straps are IMPOSSIBLE to figure out for anyone over the age of the intended age of the carseat recommendations, all kitchen utensils double as weapons of war, and many other priceless treasures which I anxiously look forward to.

No comments:

Post a Comment